P. G. Demidov Yaroslavl State University, historic successor of Yaroslavl School of Higher Sciences founded by the emperor of Russia Alexander I in 1803, views its mission in preserving and developing the best scientific, educational and cultural traditions, in improving Russian civil society. Being a state higher educational institution of a research type, a centre for fundamental, applied sciences and innovation, the university is responsible for training and education of highly qualified professionals in the spheres of classical knowledge and high technologies adequate to the requirements of our age.
Strategic areas of P. G. Demidov Yaroslavl State University activity are:
- implementation of educational process and its improvement with a focus on twofold goal: training of highly educated professionals and upbringing of a harmonious personalities.
- preserving and development of the traditions of classical university education, creating the conditions for formation and expanding the scientific schools in the spheres of liberal arts, natural sciences and engineering in cooperation with academic institutions, production sphere and social sector.
- projects coordination in the sphere of education, science and innovation in a system of regional higher school.
- effective use of modern technologies, assistance to the development of informatization processes in Russia, peopleware of highly technological sector in economics and creation of an integrated information scientific-educational environment.
- promotion and development of scientific and educational initiatives together with international partner universities, adequate representation of higher school of the region in an international scientific and educational environment.