The academics of P.G. Demidov Yaroslavl State University carry out scientific research in various fields of knowledge. The university has a remarkable research tradition in history, psychology, law, and is currently branching out into important modern sectors, such as nano-science, IT and applied mathematics, applied chemistry, economics, ecology and social politics.
1. Mathematical research methods, discrete and continuous systems optimization.
2. Study of substances, materials and processes: physical basis and modeling.
3. Information Systems Analysis and Modeling.
4. Natural and anthropogenic environmental factors and problems in monitoring;
Ecology and rational nature management.
5. Modern economic issues in market conditions.
6. Problems in improvement of legal system to ensure national security of the Russian society.
7. Structure, synthesis and reactivity of molecular and supramolecular systems in chemical
and biochemical processes.
8. Psychological foundations of professional activities and social practice.
9. Urgent issues of philosophical, social and political sciences.
10. Philology and communication in theoretical and applied aspects.
11. Urgent issues in national and world history.
12. Theory and practice of advertising and tourism industry.
The research work is organised within a number of centres: